Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Corners of the Kitchen

A well loved page.

Grandpa's ingenuity
My cookbook holder remains one of my favourite things about this kitchen. My grandpa made if for my gramma as long ago as I can remember. He was so ingenious at making a small space work, and work hard. Having six children in a very small house definetly gave him lots of use of those skills.
I have so many fond memories of coming into this house and seeing my gramma here. She would be making butter tarts and date squares or apple pie right in this spot, her purity cookbook fallen open to the regular pages. Sometimes when I open the front door I still smell the pastry in the oven or the pickles on the stove top. I loved my gramma so it makes me happy to be in this kitchen, still baking from the same purity cookbook and putting it on the same stand.

2 comments:

  1. How nice. I know that my husband and his family have that same feeling when they walk into our home...as it has been in his family for 3 or 4 generations.

    ReplyDelete