Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Peanut Butter-Cereal Balls


I could say I make these for the kids...but to be true...I make these for Jim and I. (We let Jibs and Clara have a few.)

Jim made these at home when he was a kid and I was introduced to them on a visit to his family's home years ago.

You have to love peanut butter to love these, we do...and we love these balls!

Cereal, honey, peanut butter, and some chocolate or raisins rolled into a ball.

Peanut Butter Cereal Balls

1 cup honey
3 cups peanut butter (I used crunchy)
1 1/2 cups rice krispies
1/3 cup applesauce
1 cups coconut
1 1/2 cups crushed cereal (I used Cheerios)
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup golden raisins
5-8 tablespoons powdered milk
1-2 cups crushed shredded wheat (or mini-wheat cereal)

Mix all but last two ingredients and mix until well combined.
Add powdered milk. Mix.
Form into smallish balls and roll in crushed wheat cereal. Refrigerate or freeze.
I like mine frozen, Jim likes his refrigerated.



2 comments:

  1. Do I have to add powdered milk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a little amount, Im sure it would work without it!...Im trying it now, because I dont have any either:) {You found me}

    ReplyDelete