S'more bars, another easy dessert, and a fond memory of the summer nights at the cottage, take about 10 minutes to make. Crushed crumbs of graham wafers on the bottom, chocolate melted with sweetened condensed milk, topped with marshmallows. (Next time I make these I will also add chopped reeses pieces with the mallows.)
3Tbsp Butter, cut into chunks
12 Graham Wafers
3/4C sweetened condensed milk
1 1/3 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2t vanilla
1 pinch salt
1 C mini marshmallows
1C chopped reeses pieces and teddy grahams
1. Line an 8inch square baking dish with tin foil. Grease foil with butter.
2. Put butter in a pan and melt over med-low heat. Cool.
3. Crush Graham wafers with a rolling pin or can in a zip-lock bag. Should yield about a cup.
4. Stir together crumbs and butter. Scrape into baking dish pressing in firmly to create a crust.
5. Heat condensed milk and chocolate in a pan over med-low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and add vanilla and salt. Stir again.
6. Pour filling over crust and spread evenly.
7. Scatter marshmallows, reeses pieces and grahams over the warm chocolate. Press them in gently.
8. Refrigerate until firm. About 4 hours.
To serve, lift foil out of pan and peel away from the sides to totally remove it. Cut into squares. Store in the fridge.
If you happen to be in a marshmallow-y mood, as we often are...these Joy Milkshakes look pretty amazing.