Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My new fave: Apple Chips

I remember eating apple chips as a kid but I haven't seen them or eaten them in years.

Today I was looking up a recipe for cough syrup and stumbled on this recipe from Mama Earth Organics.

I made them and then ate the whole batch.  They were just so good.

For me, it was the right combination of crunchy, sweet and slightly sour.

If you like apple chips, try these.

They're easy and delicious.

Apple Chips

2 crisp apples (I used Fuji)
1 tsp cinnamon

Thinly slice apples lengthwise removing any hard core or seeds.
Layer on apple slices in a single layer a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
Sprinkle apples with cinnamon.
Bake at 250 for 1 1/2 hours flipping ever half hour to dry them out.
Allow to cool and crisp up for a few minutes.
(Honestly next time I will quadruple this because it was just enough for me to have a snack.)





No comments:

Post a Comment