Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows


When Clara was baby, Jimmy and I used to made hot chocolate with melted down Lindt Chili Chocolate bars and cream.

(That was totally, sickeningly, decadent and we don't really do that any more.)


Really, hot chocolate is not something I normally enjoy.


In general, I'm more of a coffee person.

(And now that I've talked you out of trying this...)

With the right person, just the right chilly night and the right book...I was persuaded to make a batch of mix for hot chocolate.

This hot chocolate mix is so simple and, I think, better than what you would find in a paper package or tin.

I found this recipe on Martha's site and added a couple handfuls of micro marshmallows.

Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows
(marthastewart.com)

3 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa
2 1/4 C sugar
1 Tbsp salt
some micro marshmallows (I buy these an Amish bulk food store called E&S in Indiana)
milk for serving

In a large bowl, stir together cocoa, sugar, and salt.  (I added my marshmallows here too.)
Store in a large mason jar or hinge top canning jar.

When you're ready for a cup, heat 1 cup milk in a small sauce pan (or in the microwave, if you have one) and stir in 1 Tbsp mix when the milk is steamy.


No comments:

Post a Comment