Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

X Cookies - Better late than never...


The week of X cookies flew past and left me with nothing but good intentions. The week after, however, proved to be much more productive. A pile of figs, raisins, candied peel, chocolate and almonds kept taunting me with their lack of order, so I rolled up my sleeves and got out the food processor. The dough was easy to make. I didn't find it quite as easy to work with as Tina but it really was not too bad. The filling was another story.

I can think of a few reasons why my deliciously fragrant, luscious looking filling was gooey and not at all roll-able. (The recipe simply says roll 1/12th of the filling into a long tube to place on the long thin bit of dough and roll into a tube....sure.

So, a few potential reasons why my filling would not roll. First, because I did my cookies a week late and read the abundance of cookies the full recipe made, I halved my recipe. I think that sometimes while I'm halving a recipe things go wrong. Second, I think my heavy handed pour of rum..."a little more wont hurt" attitude may have been another good reason.

Regardless of my struggle, the cookies turned out beautifully and were completely delicious Clara did not care for them. "I don't like figs!" she declared. Jim loved the cookies once I told him they were indeed fig cookies and not "some weird chocolate", his assumption on first consumption. Personally, I could not get enough of them and happily pigged out with my friend Becky's daughter Brennah (my food pal).

I will make these again someday...maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment