Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Vegetable Dip


My sister(I-L) Amy inspired me to eat more avocados after making this delicious meal for our family.

Since then this dip / dressing has been on basically everything.

It goes beautifully on a green salad with strawberries and chickpeas but my favourite way to eat it is on raw vegetables.

The avocados give the dip such a perfect thick consistency.

Tangy Avocado Dressing (or Dip)
(found over at apartment therapy's The Kitchn)

1 perfectly ripe Avocado
1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion (I left this out)
2-3 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 small garlic clove chopped
1 Tbsp fresh dill
1/2 tsp salt
dash of cayenne pepper

Place everything in a blender or food processor bowl and blend until smooth.  (or use an immersion blender)
Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more lemon if necessary to get it to the right consistency.





No comments:

Post a Comment